Saturday, May 12, 2012

Cards, Cards and more Cards!

'Seaside Shaker' Shaker Card 20120501
While watching StampTV I came across Shaker Cards.  Well, I have tried this before and had no luck but with the help of Gina K. I decided to tackle this once again.  It did take a couple of tries to get it right.  While this one is not perfect, I just loved the way it came together.  I enter this one in the StampTV Challenge STV12MON15 for Square Cards.  Again, didn't win but still trying!!! LOL

The next card I also made for one of the challenges (STV12FRI12 Birthday Card in your Style).  Wasn't the lucky winner again but I am sure I will be one of the lucky ones soon.

'Happy Birthday' Sponging a Layer Card 20120508
Another technique I got from StampTV.  Yes, I am so addicted to watching it.  Gina K. explains and demonstrates everything so it is so easy to understand.  I liked the finished card on this one as well.  I did add some clear highlights to some of the flower petals which didn't photograph at all well.  LOL Thought it looked like it was possessed.  I really liked this technique and plan on using it again.

'Happy Birthday Peach' 20120510
The next card I made for my Mother's sisters birthday.  I found the greatest little tools when I was shopping the other day and just had to try them out.  It was a Sizzix Stamp & Die set called Garden Flower Set.  If you have never seen these I would definitely recommend checking them out.  The set come with the stamps for the flowers as well as the dies to cut them out.  This particular set came with three flowers, lady bug and bumble bee.  I used my COPIC markers to color them. I also did a little extra with the inside of the card.
I used every color from the flowers to color the Happy Birthday stamp.  Also, used the other flower and bumble bee.  I love these stamps and dies.  They are quick and easy to use and give a very nice look to the cards.

Stamps:
TPC Studio 'Greetings'
Stampendous! 'Sushi Bowl Party' SSC194
Autumn Leaves 'Nature by Rhonna Farmer' AL3276
The Paper Studio 'Happy Birthday'
Hampton Art 'Happy Birthday'
Stampabilities 'You're My Sister' 11076



No comments:

Post a Comment