Saturday, May 12, 2012

Catching up on my Cards!

Well, guess I am better at crafting than blogging.  LOL

I have made way more cards than I have gotten posted.  So now trying to catch up.  I won't be going into as much detail on how I did these but if there is anything outstanding about the technique or where I got my inspiration I will post the information below the picture.  I will also list the stamps I used at the bottom of the post.  I hate looking at cards on the web and not know how to get a stamp I love.  Hopefully, I will be able to post on time from now on.  LOL


"Hyacinthia"20120429
The background for this card was made by taking a piece of card stock and completing heat embossing the entire surface of the card stock with silver embossing powder.  I then run it through the Cuttlebug using one of the embossing folders.  I distressed it using sandpaper and then added some ink to further age it.  Add some green card stock for the layering effect.  Not my favorite but I believe it turned out well.

 
"Paris" (Gate Fold) 20120502
This card I entered in the StampTV STV12FRI11 challenge.  I love this card because it has so many different textures to it.  For the background, I again heat embossed the entire surface of a piece of card stock and run through the Cuttlebug using one of the embossing folders.  I distressed all pieces with sandpaper and ink.  I was lucky enough, well maybe I did plan it a little, that the card stood up and could be displayed as shown above. 

Didn't win the challenge but loved making this card.......I would have to list it as one of my favorites so far.







I really do love doing the challenges from StampTV because it gives me ideas for making cards that are different and besides I might get lucky and win some stamps!

One can never have too many STAMPS!








Stamps used on these cards:
  • Inkadinkado 'Tin Can Mail' 91599
  • Inkadinkado 'Paris' 93372
  • Stampabilities 'Live, Laugh, Love' ER1099
If you want any information about any of the other supplies or tools I used drop me a comment.




No comments:

Post a Comment