Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Dina Wakley 'Art Journal Freedom'

Hello!

Finally getting a chance to spend some quality time reading Dina Wakley's new book  'Art Journal Freedom' and trying out some of the techniques.  I really love Dina's work and I was lucky enough to get to attended a class of hers at The Crafty Scrapper last year.  I am also looking forward to four more classes I will get to take of hers in May at My Heart's Fancy.  She has such an easy going style of teaching that makes you forget that you are learning.

So once I started reading I just knew I would have to get inky.  LOL  Here are my first two canvases using what I have learned so far.

"Angry Birds"

The canvas was inspired by her Artsy Painted Birds.  I just had to call it Angry Birds because that is what I was thinking the whole time I was painting these birds.  LOL   

"Love Notes"
So this one started out as another attempt at the birds but somehow turned out so different.  I think the circles look like planets.

I highly recommend this book to all you wanna be art journalist.  She describe the techniques in steps that can make anyone look like an artist.  It will make you too believe that anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment