Monday, April 8, 2013

"Happy Hauntings" Clock Tower Submission

Hello,

So today I did another first! I made a submission to Somerset Studio - The Art of Paper and Mixed-Media magazine.  The call was for their September/October issue and was called "Haunted".



Haunted
Halloween means different things to different people. For some people it's atime to dress up and take on a new identity. For others, it¹s a time to spend with children, decorating cute Jack-o-Lanterns and passing out candy to neighbors. For us here at Somerset Studio, it's a time to get a little spooked.

For the past two years, we¹ve challenged you to be inspired by Alfred Hitchcock and then Edgar Allan Poe. This year, we want to broaden the spectrum and ask you to create artwork that has a haunted feeling to it. Perhaps you¹re inspired by gothic literature, or old, haunted castles. Whatever ignites your artistic fire, we want to see for our September/October issue.
Deadline: April 15, 2013.

 When I seen this call I just knew I had to enter my clock tower.  So here is it is!


Box with my treasure went out today.  I am so excited! I have my fingers, toes and anything else I can crossed it will make the publication!  Here at some additional pics.  I also took the time while building this one to write instructions.  I am thinking doing a series of blog posts with the instructions. 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment