Friday, May 24, 2013

Altered Cigar Box: ATC Holder

Hello!

Still catching up on my blogging.  Seems I am a better crafter than blogger.  So I was doing my usual surfing for ideas when I ran across a altered cigar box.  They were just too cute not to try.  So seeing that I am not a cigar smoker off to Ebay I went to find some empty cigar boxes.  Oh, lucky me found a great buy on 13 boxes.  They were in pretty shape so in the cart and to my doorstep they went.  The first one I made was basically using the inspiration I got from Artfully Musing by Laura Carson.  She has made some beautiful boxes.  Check out her website for more inspiration!

So here is my take on this project.  Lucky for me the boxes I found already had lids that were split in the middle so made this project so my easier to do.

Here is a pic of the box.  A bonus was a thin piece of wood that was in the bottom of the box.  I used it on some of the ATC's.



And here is the finished box.....



Made the door closure out of Tim Holtz Fasteners.  



Inside of box.  Used small matchboxes to make little drawers.

It really saved alot of time and cutting since the box already had a split lid.  I also loved the trim that was already on the box so I used it on most of the piece.


Sides and back of box.....


Closeup of inside of box....
















Used a drawer pull I got from Home Depot for the handle.











Now for the ATC's.  These are the first ones I have made and I must say they are very addictive to do.  The are fun and quick but still say so much.






 Overall, a very fun project to do.

Happy Paper Cutting!!


Materials:
Cigar Box
Tim Holtz Collage 8x8 Paper
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Hitch Fastners
Tim Holtz Idea-plogy Hanger Clips
Tim Holtz Fastner
Black ATC Cards
Small Matchboxes
Tassel-Black
Wood Beads
Wire
Washi Tape
Medium Weight Chipboard
One-inch Acorn Dowel Caps
Three-inch Nautical Pull Bronze with Copper
Glue, Ink, ect..

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Black Soot
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Ink - Black Soot
Ranger Archival Ink-Jet Black
Stamp-n-Stuff Embossing Powder-Midnight Black

Stamps:
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous-Life Possibilities
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous-The Journey
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous-Lost and Found
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous-Visual Artistry
Tim Holtz Stamper Anonymous-French Market


1 comment:

  1. This is just beautiful!! I wouldn't have been able to sell it and send it off.

    ReplyDelete