Sunday, May 26, 2013

Altered Cigar Box: Treasure Box

Hello!

Here is another altered cigar box I just finished.  Only 11 more to go. LOL Yes, don't you love EBAY!  : )

For this one I simply did a little treasure box.  I was shopping at the other day and ran across these wonderful papers from MME called "Sky's the Limit" and decided to use it on this project.

I have so much paper in my craft room yet I can't resist buying more.  So my new rule is Buy it; Use it; Don't store it!!!!   We will see how long that one lasts......



I just fell in love with this little bird....

Bought the latch at my local Lowe's store.  Who said they were just for home improvements........




Inside of box.

Kept it simple so there is lots of space for your treasures.....


Here are some close-ups of the top of the box. I used everything but the kitchen sink on this one....


Some great Tim Holtz products.....



Love this little clothespins.....




and the little fractured doll.......
















This was a simple project but still has a big visual impact.  You can find this box for sale on my Etsy site! 

Whew! I think this finally has me caught up on blogging my projects. 

Happy Paper Cutting!!


Materials:
Cigar Box
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fastners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Film Strip Ribbon
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Fracture Doll
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Mini Numberals
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Pen Nibs
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Bands
Maya Road Game Pieces
Recollections Floral Embellishments
Recollections Floral Embellishments
MME 6x6 Paper Pad "Sky's the Limit"
1 7/8" Mini Spring Clothespins
Metal Clasp
Pearl Design
One-Inch Drawer Pulls
Rusty Star
Glue, Ink, ect..

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo

No comments:

Post a Comment