Monday, May 13, 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags of 2013 - May


Hello!

Another month; another tag.  The days are flying by.....

This is my first attempt with the Tim Holtz Rub-ons and let me just say I love them.  Not a big rub-on gal but these have definitely changed my mind and I will be pulling them out more often to use on my projects.

Here is my take on May's tag:


Did stay pretty close to Tim's design on this one with some minor changes due to supplies on hand.  I just have to say I LOVE the eye ball peeking through the film.


I had a great time making this tag and feeling more and more confident in swipping my tags through either the paint or distressed ink to create these wonderful backgrounds.  I will admit to a few tags being filed in the trash but was so happy with the way this one turned out.

Thanks to Tim for continuing to share his wonderful talent and for challenging all of us crafters out there to push the envelope on our art.....






Too see everyone enteries and Tim's instructions for this month's tag, click on his banner at top of the page.

Can't wait for next month.............

Materials:
Ranger #8 Manilla Tag
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Remnant Rubs - Words and Elements
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fastners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Word Bands
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Enameled Tags
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Alpha Parts - Newsprint
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Film Strip Ribbon
Hug Snug Seam Binding

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Evergreen Bough, Picked Raspberry, Mustard Seed and Broken China
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot and Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous - The Impossible 


2 comments:

  1. This turned out really well! I love the colors and the imagery you used. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - that eye's great! I'm like you, gaining confidence with sploshing on the colors and watching the magic happen.

    ReplyDelete