Sunday, May 12, 2013

Two Days with Dina Wakley at My Heart's Fancy!!! Part 2

Hello!

Time for next post on my adventure.....

The second class was 'Layers of my Life' and can you believe it was more messy fun than the first!  I think the things I brought home from this class was that you can make journal out of anything and fun foam, fun foam fun foam. LOL

Amazing techniques here...some I was resistant too but once I tried them I was hooked.  I would definitely recommend this class if you get a chance to take it.

Oops! I said AMAZING again...LOL


So here is my Layers of Life Journal....as with the other one this one is still a work in progress.





Molding paste...my new love!!!  It is awesome for adding texture.  You know I have some in my craft room but haven't ever tried.  But it will be coming off the shelf and on the desk way more now.




Another great concept...who knew you could make stamps out of fun foam...Those leave were stamped using fun foam...Can you believe it????   This is one of those things I resisted because I am not a drawing person.  I am a doodler because I don't believe you can graduate from college without a minor in doodling. LOL



Yes, I even wrote in my journal.  Wanted to get in good with the teacher......LOL



Once, I got started with the fun foam I just couldn't stop.....



You can see my favorite stencil here again. Used it through all four class.  Yes, one came home with me......




I really must thank Lisa and Maura for giving me the courage to do the fun foam......




Who doesn't love Dina's silhouettes.....



These pages are just waiting for something exciting to happen to them.  











Added a little Tim Holtz to the mix......











And again to doesn't love ripping paper.....










Used the modeling paste again to create some depth on the back cover.  The binding was super easy and very effective on this project.


There is so much more to do done on this journal and will probably spend many more hours adding to it.
Whew.....So that was the end of the first day.  It was exhausting 10 hours of fun and I was so tired didn't think I would make it home.  But and you knew there was one coming didn't you....  But when I did got home and was repacking craft bag for next day I just had to sit down and play with this journal.  Then next thing you know it is 1 AM and I had to get up early for the next day....

So off to bed with the excitement of another full day awaiting..............More to come in Part 3!

No comments:

Post a Comment