Monday, May 13, 2013

Two Days with Dina Wakley at My Heart's Fancy!!! Final

Hello!

This is the final blog on my amazing two days with Dina Wakley. 

The last class was 'Joy of Silhouettes'.  Now Dina is famous for her silhouettes and while they appear effortless there are some secrets to it.  She shared and the class ate it up....


 
Here are my silhouette's.  Another favorite stencils was the dots.  I just couldn't dot enough... LOL

This one uses acrylic to highlight silhouette's.....



 This one user spray ink. I do love spray ink.....



I do like how this one turned out after looking at it a second time.  I am guilty of having a very critical eye on my art while I am working on it.

For me it is very important to step back from it for a moment in order to get a unbiased look at it.....



OK...so I admit by the time I got to this was I was exhausted.  LOL That is probably why the colors where so dark.

I did revisit this one the next day and completed her and she turned out rather well even after her dark start.  Check the end of the post to see her in her final beauty....














In the midst of all of these silhouettes was another project using silhouette's of a shape rather than a person.  I was very confused as to what this would end up being.  LOL

 Surprise! It this single sheet of paper turned into a small journal......


I just had to share the pages after they were folded.  It is awesome how they look completely different as pages versus one sheet.



This project is still on my desk and will be worked on with my other journals.....


Great blank canvas' for journaling......


Fun, Fun, Fun....












So that was the end of the two AMAZING days!!! (just had to get that in one more time) I inked, sprayed, painted, stenciled and stamped my way through four classes.  One large package of baby wipes and numerous hand washings later, I look back at the amount of information Dina shared with us and it is mind boggling!  Many thanks to Dina Wakley!!!

Maura at My Heart's Fancy was a great host for the occasion.  She made sure we had what we needed when we needed it.  Many thanks to Maura and Lisa Bruno; they pampered us beyond belief.

If you ever get a chance to take one of Dina's classes; I say jump on it......

Here is my last own after I got home and finished her up.  She is called 'Creative Overload'  LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment