Monday, June 10, 2013

Altered Cigar Box: Secret Garden Treasures

Hello!

Still recovering from my week of travel and haven't done any crafting so far.  LOL  I have been cleaning on my craft room trying to find a place to put all the cool stuff I got from The Crafty Scrapper and The Great American Scrapbook Convention.  Although I tried to not buy a lot of stuff that I wasn't going to use immediately; I did.  Oh well, it all has a good home with me and will be used eventually.

I made this altered cigar box a couple of weeks back but just hadn't got it posted.  I decided to take a different approach on this one.  I made it a treasure box with a mini album inside.  I used Graphic 45 Secret Garden Collection on the box and the mini album.  Who doesn't love Graphic 45 paper?

There are a lot of pictures. So grab a beverage and enjoy.

Box measures 6 1/2 x 4 x 4 3/4 inches.


Outside of box.....
 

 
View of album in box. Still lots of room to put little treasures in it....


The mini album measures 5 1/2 x 3 1/4 x 1 3/4 inches. I put inserts on every page but left lots of room for the owner to personalize the album to their liking.

Now for the mini album....

 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 


Used an accordion fold binding...


I was really happy with the results of this project.  I will be listing this in my Etsy store soon.

Happy Paper Cutting!!


Materials:
Graphic 45 'Secret Garden' Collection 8x8 Pad
Graphic 45 'Secret Garden" Pattern Paper 6x6 Pad
Graphic 45 Metal Buttons
Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Key
Graphic 45 Ornate Metal Label Holder
Hug Snug Seam Binding
Industrial Chic by Susan Lenart Kazmer Latch
Maya Road - Fabric Medium Leaves
Maya Road - Scallop Chipboard Frame
Paper Source White Flowers
Recollections Adhesive Faux Pearls
Recollections Floral Embellishments
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Chain
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Foundation Box Feet
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Key
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Long Fastners
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Ring Fastner
Washi Tape
Glue, Ink, ect..

Supplies/Tools:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Black Soot
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Broken China
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Peeled Paint
The Paper Source Corner Punch
McGill Craftivity Multi Tag Scallop Punch
Marvy Uchida Mini Envelope Punch
EK Success 1" Round Punch
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black

Stamps:
Clear Stamps Photo Sudio 2010 SL34
7 Gypsies Clear Stamps - Steampunk 
7 Gypsies Clear Stamps - Conservatory
Stampabilities OR1025 Journaling Block Stamp

No comments:

Post a Comment