Thursday, August 1, 2013

Present for Mom...Kaisercraft Treasure Chest

Hello!

My Mom and I went shopping the other day and she came home with one of the Kaisercraft Beyond the Page MDF 6-Drawer Chest.  So home it went with me for paper and glue.  This is the first one of these kits I have tried and I must stay they are really nice.  They go together easy and cover with paper, paint or stain very nicely.  The main part of the box is made out of MDF and the drawer are a very heavy chipboard which are pre-scored for folding.  The chest measures 8.5x9.5x4.25 inches.  Mine is a little taller because I added some little feet to it.

Since my Mom really like butterflies I chose a paper pack from The Paper Studio called Bella Bohemia there was a lot of really cool butterfly papers in it that made her happy and color that I love to work with that makes me happy.

I didn't really over embellish the finished product because I need she would be using it a lot and I didn't really want them to get in the way of pulling the drawer in and out.

Here is my finished product. 


I found this really cool butterfly draw pull at Hobby and with a little bit of distressing it topped off the chest rather nicely.


I did add a little interest to the inside of the box by stamping some butterflies on each shelf.


 

I really enjoy this project and would recommend these kits.  The make a great functional piece of art to use for yourself or as gifts.

Happy Paper Cutting!!

Materials:
Kaisercraft Beyond the Page MDF 6-Drawer Chest
The Paper Studio 'Bella Bohemia' 12x12 Paper Pack
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Washi Tape
The Paper Studio Paper Flowers
Mon Ami Gabby Couture Accents Lace Trim
Butterfly Drawer Pull
Recollections Adhesive Rhinestones
Hobby Lobby Wood Rounds

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Paint - Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Vintage Photo, Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Stain - Wild Honey
Tim Holtz Distress Marker - Spiced Marmalade

Stamps:
Wendy Vecchi Studio 490 'Art for You' LCS093


No comments:

Post a Comment