Wednesday, October 16, 2013

"Christmas In The Hood" Village Workshop

Hello!

I had a wonderful weekend trip to The Crafty Scrapper in Waxahachie, TX this weekend with my BFF Denise to attend the "Christmas In The Hood" Village Workshop by Anita Houston.  If you have never seen this beautiful piece of art you should definitely take a moment and visit her blog here.

I had seen this when Tim Holtz had featured it on his blog and had drooled over this since.  So I was beyond excited when I learned that she was going to be teaching a class on this project and immediately called a reserved a spot.

Well, to say the least I was not disappointed. 

The class was two eight hour days of inky fun.  We inked, crackled and embossed our way through 12 village houses using great Ranger techniques.


Anita is a great teacher and such a talented artist. She guided us through the village with ease.   There she is talking to my BFF (don't tell Denise I posted her pic on my blog.  LOL).


Here is a pic of some of my houses.  While I wasn't able to complete the entire project during the class (did I say this thing is huge), I did make a really good start and now that I am back home I can't wait to finish it.  I can only hope I do justice to the original piece.

I also see a Halloween village in my future.  LOL

If you live in the area you should definitely check out the classes given at The Crafty Scrapper.  Carolyn and her staff are the perfect hosts and it is such a great store to visit.  Visit their blog here and check out their upcoming classes.

One last note of THANKS to Anita for the hours she took preparing the kits and instructions for this class.   It was much appreciate by everyone in the class!!!!

Happy Paper Cutting!


1 comment:

  1. I'm back from my trip and trying to get caught up on my blog reading! I am now subscribing to you too!
    A MAHOOSIVE thank you for this post! I was so happy to have you in class, and find out so much about you. You are one talented lady, and I am sure you will be teaching me some day!
    I'd love to see your completed village too.
    Thank you for the shout out and for coming all that way to take the class. You rock!

    ReplyDelete