Monday, October 7, 2013

Graphic 45 Small Matchbox - Steampunk Spells

Hello!

Yes, have been busy crafting away on Halloween projects! Halloween is my most favorite time of year for crafting.  I love the colors and the papers that always spring up during fall. 

My BFF and I are taking a trip to TX this weekend and was in need of a easy project to do in our hotel room at night.  I had this Graphic 45 Small Matchbox in my stash for some time now and decided it was time for it to meet my craft desk.

For this one, I went surfing for some inspiration and boy did I find a lot of get projects out there.  I settled on one that not only gave me a challenge but the look was awesome.

Click here to see my inspiration for this project.

Let just say you had to really take the knife to this poor little box.  Cutting not only the lid but the inside box.  But the effort is so worth the outcome. 


I again used Tim Holtz GrungePaper to make the clasp.  I really like out it turns out looking like leather when inked. 
 

Now I will have to admit getting the binding in the holes was quiet a challenge and I had to stop several times because I didn't think I would ever succeed. But in the end I did manage this feat.




No, I just couldn't cover up some of the papers.  LOL



The project turned out great and was well worth the effort.

Happy Paper Cutting!!

Materials:
Graphic 45 Small Matchbox
Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells Collection
Recollections Rhinestones
Tim Holtz GrungePaper
Tim Holtz Hitch Fastners
Zutter 3/4 inch binding
Washi Tape - Spider Web

Supplies:
Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Black Soot
Tim Holtz Distress Paint Dabber - Black Soot
Ranger Glossy Accents
Ranger Glue n' Seal
Stickles - Diamond
Graphic 45 Steampunk Spells Stamps


No comments:

Post a Comment